RockStep has an immediate need for a full time BA/UX/SME. This is a hybrid position focusing on business analysis (BA), human centric design (UX), and being a subject matter expert (SME) with customers and the technology team. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills, technical skills, communication skills, and likes to work with people.
This position works with RockStep customers to map out their lab processes and configure Climb workflows to meet customer needs. The successful candidate will also identify gaps in Climb capabilities and work with customers to change their processes, if appropriate, and/or work with the RockStep product team to design product changes to meet customer needs.
This position will assist in product deployments including on-site end-user training, conducting pre-deployment conference room pilots, and helping scientists and technicians be successful using Climb to improve their day-to-day operations.
Outline of Tasks
The major tasks of this position will exercise the incumbent’s skills in understanding the scientists’ needs, converting their needs to software specifications, developing human-centric designs, working with programing teams to help them understand the end user needs, training users, and configuring the system for scientific end-users. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Working via videoconference and at customer sites to develop process maps so Climb can be implemented to meet the needs of the customers scientific research workflows
- Where gaps are identified and/or new functionalities are desired, creating designs, with mockups, and detailed requirements that can be converted into impactful user interfaces to meet scientists’ needs
- Working with the RSS product team to communicate designs and detailed requirements so they can be implemented by programmers
- Assisting in product deployments
- User training
- Participation in meetings with customers, RockStep Sr. Leadership, and software engineers
- Project management
- User support
- Assisting sales teams as needed
- Conducting product demos
- Mapping customer’s needs with product fit
- Sitting in on sales meetings with customers as needed
- Three-plus years lab experience or experience working with scientists, ideally including working with research with in-vivo drug discovery
- Facile with several LIMS products in the lab
- Process mapping
- Experience converting process maps into user requirements for programmers
- Working with customers
- Managing projects, specifying deliverables, tracking and communicating deadlines
- Facile with Windows and/or Mac computers
- Oral and written communication skills
- Software interface (UX) design
- Microsoft office tools and graphics tools for building process maps
- Developing industry standard process maps for mapping lab processes
- Research lab work
- Basic project management skills: developing and maintaining Gantt charts, tracking and reporting progress
- Working with people of all levels from scientists to lab technicians
- Customer facing personality: outgoing, easily builds rapport with customers
- Ability to communicate and translate complex processes and ideas to scientists, technicians, and technical product teams.
- At least three year’s experience in UX/UI software design
- MS degree or higher in a biomedical related degree, or significant research lab experience in biomedical/drug discovery research to compensate for lack of degree.
- The candidate must have a firm grasp of biomedical sciences and understand the technical language spoken by biologists and lab technicians
- Excellent interpersonal skills; likes to work with people to help them solve their problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites (>= 25% travel may be required)
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. Remote work will be considered, as long as remote site is nearby a major US airport for easy of travel.
Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions dot com