RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s product, Climb™, is in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
The In Vivo Application Scientist works closely with RockStep’s sales team to provide subject matter expertise. The incumbent will conduct online meetings to ascertain the needs of a potential customer. They will use this information to craft a custom Climb demonstration for the potential customer and their stakeholders.
The ideal applicant has a Masters’s degree in one of the biomedical sciences and must have experience working in in vivo research. Prior experience with drug discovery workflows is a significant plus.
The successful candidate will like working with people, developing customer relationships, and digging into a potential customer’s study designs to help them envision how to use Climb to achieve their goals and realize value.
This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills. The incumbent will lead meetings, give customer presentations, and may be asked to lead technical trade talks at conferences.
This position initially reports to RockStep’s President, Julie Morrison.
About our Culture
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values that are important to building a strong team. We value and encourage hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
As a startup, our team members are always ready to jump in and help regardless of what is written in our job descriptions.
Outline of Tasks
- Conduct needs analysis calls with potential customers and stakeholders to determine their needs
- Craft custom demonstrations of Climb application based on needs analysis call and any other documentation, such as study designs, provided by the customer
- Help with Climb configurations and user training and onboardings
- Three or more years working in scientific research in research labs conducing in vivo studies
- Three or more years working with scientific software and informatics tools related to in vivo
- Prior experience in drug discovery
- Deep understanding of in vivo research for drug discovery
- Familiar with various study types and how these should be conducted
- Familiar with randomization methods and best practices
- Expert in using online screen sharing tools, such as Zoom and MS Teams
- Facile in office productivity technologies such as the Microsoft Office 365 tools on PC or Mac computers, preferably both
- General understanding of and ability to work with laboratory information systems.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create attractive power point presentations and give talks to groups of scientists.
- Customer facing personality: outgoing, easily builds rapport with customers
- Continuous learner and ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving company
- Ability to communicate and translate complex processes and ideas to scientists, technicians, and technical product teams
- Ability to summarize and report effectively to RockStep’s executive team
- Professional and courteous communication style
- Master’s degree or higher in a biomedical research field
- Hands on in vivo research experience
- Experience working with customers in a technical field
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. While under COVID restrictions, this position must be able to work remotely; however, post-COVID, this position may choose to relocate to our headquarters. If the position remains remote, the position will be required to travel to the Portland office periodically. Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions dot com