RockStep Solutions (RSS) is a fast-pace startup with a product changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s new product, Climb™, is actively used in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
This position provides direct support to the Product Manager (PM) of our in vivo laboratory informatics software and will provide a wide variety of services to the PM to optimize the performance of product management and development efforts while helping to meet our corporate business objectives.
Additionally, this role will work closely with RockStep’s Marketing and Sales team to ensure new product features are clearly presented in the market and to our customers. This position will spend ~10-25% of their time in a customer facing role, primarily listening in on customer calls to document needs and wants, as well as helping to host webinars or other events to explain new functionality.
This position initially reports to RockStep’s Product Manager.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity and hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Provide general administrative support to the Product Manager. The assistant will perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, updating agenda items, updating time logs for contracts
- Research and prepare backlog items for review at development grooming meetings
- Write release notes that can be easily consumed by a customer
MARKET DATA ANALYSIS
- Maintain competitor analysis documents
- Join customer meetings to develop understanding of market needs
- Document customer requests and maintain “Customer Request Backlog”
MARKETING AND SALES SUPPORT
- Provide sales and marketing team members with product information that can be understood by non-technical people
- Work with Marketing team to develop new material before product release, including but not limited to webinars, brochures, videos, and email campaigns
- Assist in product demo and product demo scripting upon request
- Preferred: one or more years working in an in vivo laboratory research setting
- Prior experience working with research laboratory information management systems
- Prior experience defining technical and user requirements for product development teams
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Biological or Computer Sciences
- Must be able to quickly learn and explain a detailed laboratory informatics software platform
- Must be able to quickly learn and explain the drug discovery process and how our software is relevant in the process
- Ability to work independently and see a task from beginning to completion with minimal oversight
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain cool and level head in times of conflict and stress
- Ability to communicate and translate complex processes and ideas to scientists, technicians, and technical product teams.
- Proficient in Office 365 applications and ability to learn new technology applications easily
- Ability to thrive while working on highly detailed tasks
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. This position will be required to work in the office most of the time as long as Maine CDC guidelines permit.
Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions.com