Sales Development Rep (SDR)
RockStep Solutions is a startup company that develops and delivers enterprise preclinical laboratory informatics software. This position is an opportunity for someone who is a continuous learner, who loves challenges, and is not afraid to navigate the twists and turns of startup. We are looking for an individual who possesses strong entrepreneurial instincts and has the willingness to roll up their sleeves to make the magic happen!
As an SDR, you will report to the head of sales.
The primary goal of this position is to manage the top of the sales funnel. This positions hunts for and generates leads, qualifies incoming leads, and nurtures them up the sales funnel from market qualified to sales qualified.
- Finding leads and contacts using tools such as Sales Navigator, mail chimp, etc.
- Managing the funnel using sales enablement tools (such as CRM tools)
- Qualifying leads through needs-assessment calls
- Compiling lists of qualified leads for Sales Account Executives (SAEs)
- Conducting high level demos of the Climb application as needed
- Cold calling potential leads
- Helping manage marketing content library and sending content to potential customers and SAEs
- Attending and managing the booth at industry trade shows
- Helping out as needed with sales and marketing activities
- Qualification of inbound leads from marketing
- Research and connect with prospective new customers by phone, email, and social networking
- Booking meetings for account managers
- Collaborate with account managers and other inside sales team members
- Promote relevant marketing events and content
- Consistently meet and exceed targets
- Provide excellent customer service and ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Maintain and document all activities in CRM tool
- Outbound calling experience highly advantageous
- Scientific education or work experience preferred
- Familiarity with CRM systems and LinkedIn required
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues
- Organized and ambitious
- Self motivated and driven self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Science field preferred
To be successful in this position you must be have excellent interpersonal skills, be ready to adapt to and help lead change, and be a team player. Candidates are measured by how well they meet their goals, and how well they work as a RockStep team player.
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core to building a productive and healthy work environment. We encourage hearty debate and we embrace outcomes of debates even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
RockStep’s main office is at 48 Free Street in Portland. To apply for this position please email jobs @ rockstepsolutions.com