Senior Project Manger
RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s new product, Climb™, is in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
This position is responsible for providing project management support for large multi-department and multi-organization projects at RockStep. Projects supported by this position may include customers, partners, and internal RockStep teams working together to achieve Climb deployments and/or development goals. This position is critical to RockStep’s success with large global customers and partner organizations.
The successful incumbent has significant experience managing IT projects that involve numerous stakeholders working for multiple organizations working together under highly demanding conditions to achieve successful IT deployments.
This position requires experience using of project management tools to manage multiple workstreams. The incumbent must be highly organized, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be able work under stressful conditions.
This position reports directly to the Executive President of RockStep Solutions and works within RockStep’s Project Management Office.,
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity and hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
Outline of Tasks
The Sr. Project Manager conducts traditional PM tasks for highly complex projects.
- Develop project plans, develop milestones, and categorize work efforts into workstreams
- Lead PM meetings for complex projects.
- Present Gantt charts and track project progress and adherence to milestones.
- Ensure projects have well defined milestones and SMART goals.
- Ensure that project teams have appropriate skills to accomplish projects.
- Report project progress, concerns, timelines, and successes to RockStep’s Executive President.
- Schedule PM meetings, as appropriate and needed.
- Manage and lead RockStep’s company PM meetings.
- Identify project skill and/or other resource gaps, and report gaps to company leadership.
- Five years or more years PM experience for IT projects
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Experience presenting materials to upper management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Facile understanding of working with modern PM tools
- Customer facing personality is critical: outgoing, easily builds rapport with customers and business partners.
- Ability to communicate with project teams to ensure all team members understand their roles and action items.
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Ability to provide clear project visions to team members
- PM Certification
- Facile understanding of how IT systems are constructed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead PM meetings and ask questions that help drive project success
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. This position may work remotely with periodic travel to RockStep’s headquarters.