Social Media Marketing Intern
We’re looking for a social media intern to grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Research Gate, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Willingness to learn HubSpot’s Social Inbox to segment Twitter followers by lifecycle stage and engage accordingly. You will be our ear to the ground to route the appropriate marketer, sales rep, and/or support rep to social conversations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to successfully work from home.
- Willingness to become certified in HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing program, after hire, with opportunity for other certifications. This is an online training that takes about 4 hours to complete.
This is an unpaid internship. RockStep will work with participating universities and colleges to assist the student in obtaining credit hours for the internship. Start date is January 2017. Minimum term length is 1 semester (5 months). Longer terms are negotiable.
RockStep Solutions has developed a transformative laboratory management software, called Climb, for use in animal model research. Climb includes support for animal breeding, job and protocol management, workflows, scheduling, samples, and inventory management. Its full functionality is available via the web or any mobile device. RockStep has offices in Bar Harbor and Portland, ME.