Software Quality Assurance
RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s product, Climb™ 2.0, is in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
SQA Analyst II
RockStep Solutions is looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will work with product managers, developers, and other SQA team members to develop and perform manual and automated tests on our flagship in vivo research product, Climb.
Technical skills related to software testing are required. The incumbent must be facile with various browsers, including Chrome and Firefox and have some familiarity with each browser’s corresponding developer tools.
This position will be required to execute, and complete projects independently, seeking advice from team members when needed, and carrying on projects to completion.
This position initially reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity and hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
Outline of Tasks
This position will work in an agile scrum team, testing developers code against acceptance test criteria and working with the SQA team on regression tests prior to public release.
- Developing QA scripts for manual and automated testing
- Running tests and reporting test results to development team members
- Writing test scripts for automated testing tools such as Cypress.io.
- Creating data sets for running tests against
- Documenting tests conducted and outcomes for test auditors
The incumbent must have at least three years’ experience as an SQA engineer and understand industry best practices for testing. The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Academic or professional biomedical research laboratory experience
- Analyzing, and translating requirements into testable scripts
- Developing scripts and data sets for running performance and load tests
- Managing regression testing and automated test-case management tools
- Experience testing web applications
- Facile with Azure DevOps
- Ability to develop test plans based on industry best practices
- Testing server API endpoints with tools like Postman
- SQL Server queries for research/reporting purposes
The successful candidate will like working in a fast-paced team and be able to maintain a respectful demeaner in high-stress situations.
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to move the discussions and debates forward and accept team and management decisions you may not be 100% aligned with
- Ability to work in a team, keeping company and product quality as highest priority
- Passionate interest in science
- At least three years’ experience testing software
- BS degree or higher, preferably in an IT/technical field
- Formal SQA training and QA certificate desired
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. RockStep adheres to State of Maine COVID safety recommendations. Ability to work remotely may be required until COVID restrictions are lifted. Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions dot com