RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s new product, Climb™, is actively used in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
As a Sales Account Executive, you will initially report to the company’s President. This is a key role that requires a high level of commitment to the company’s objectives to sell the product. The Sr. SAE will initially develop RockStep’s lead generation and sales process. Initially, the incumbent will be expected to develop and execute the tasks of an SDR.
This position includes a blended compensation package of salary, commission, bonuses, and incentive stock options.
- Build a sales pipeline of qualified leads to meet ambitious sales targets
- Close sales, consistently meeting or exceeding quotas
- Learn about Climb’s value and position in each market segment and how to speak to customer personas about how the product helps them achieve their objectives
- Learn how to use the company CRM system and fully use it for all customer communications and funnel management
- Develop standard reports for presenting the sales funnel and sales progress to leadership
- Recruit and mentor SDRs to help support sales.
This position initially works on all phases of the sales process from identifying and qualifying leads to closing sales.
- Work with marketing to generate and qualify leads
- Manage prospects through the sales funnel
- Meet quotas for new leads, closing sales, and financials
- Lead meetings and demo product to prospects
- Work with sales enablement tools such as LinkedIn Navigator, HubSpot, etc
- Report on sales funnel and progress to leadership team
- Attend industry trade shows. Help with booth planning, setup, and staffing
Skills and Background
- At least three years of significant experience selling B2B SaaS software with demonstrated success
- Background in Life Sciences, Bachelor’s degree in one of the areas of biology preferred
- Experience selling to biotech, pharmaceutical, and CRO industries.
- Experience with sales automation and enablement tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong eagerness to learn.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be flexible and willing to do whatever needs to be done
- Must be an excellent oral communicator
- Must have excellent writing skills
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core to building a productive and healthy work environment. We encourage hearty debate and we embrace outcomes of debates even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
To be successful in this position you must be have excellent interpersonal skills, be ready to adapt to and help lead change, and be a team player. Candidates are measured by how well they meet their goals, and how well they work as a RockStep team player.
RockStep’s main office is at 48 Free Street in Portland, Maine. However, this position may work remotely. Regular travel to customer sites and trade shows required.
Email email@example.com for more information.