RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a cutting-edge technical product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery operations and data management. RockStep’s product, Climb™, is in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
For this position we are seeking a highly motivated full-stack programmer to work on Climb and associated applications. The core product, Climb, is an Azure cloud web application. The successful candidate will be a team player, self-starter, and fast learner, eager to tackle all sorts of new technologies as the company grows from startup to scaleup. RockStep’s executive team is continuously identifying market demand for cutting edge technologies and functionalities which drive the product roadmap and are ultimately implemented by the tech team for the market.
Interim reporting: This position initially reports to RockStep’s Executive Vice President, Julie Morrison. The position will eventually report to the Director of Technology.
Outline of Tasks
The major tasks of this position will exercise the incumbent’s skills in working at all levels of the technology stack and in all phases of the software development process. RockStep’s software development life cycle utilizes an agile/scrum process. Regular tasks include (but not limited too):
- Front-end web programming
- Database schema design and implementation
- Data migration scripts for product upgrades
- Azure cloud resource analysis
- Analyzing and implementing new technologies (e.g. IoT with ML)
- Working with business analysts to help convert end-user requirements into
- programmable backlog items with user acceptance criteria
Technical Skills & Experience
This is a Sr. Software Engineer position that requires eight or more years of relevant work experience. Applicants with less experience or who may not meet the bar for Sr. Level, will be considered, but, if selected, may start at a pre-Sr. level.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and expertise in a majority of the following areas:
- Object oriented programming languages such as C#
- Cloud based architecture (Azure or similar)
- Web service technologies such as REST, OAuth, JSON
- .NET framework using C#
- SQL databases (SQL Server, Azure SQL, or similar)
- Some experience with front-end web development is preferred, especially modern libraries and frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- Experience developing automated testing of software components or systems.
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile programming teams
Excellent soft skills are important for RockStep’s company culture. The successful candidate will help the company maintain and enhance a positive team culture.
- Team player with focus on advancing the company. Eager to work with and help out other team members when asked.
- RockStep seeks to employ a diverse workforce. The successful candidate will be respectful with all colleagues regardless of their race, gender, orientation, or religious affiliations.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, learn quickly, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- BS degree or higher in computer science or other related field
- Ability to travel several times a year
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. Remote work will be considered as long as time-zone changes do not impact ability to work core hours in east coast time.
Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions dot com