RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s new product, Climb™, is actively used in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
In this role you will be a founding member of the UX team. At RockStep, we are passionate about UX and believe it is everyone’s responsibility to keep the user experience front and center. We are looking for an experienced UX designer to mature our design capabilities and to bring UX leadership to our team.
While this position is not directly responsible for user research, during scale-up, the candidate will be called upon to plan and conduct user research, create appropriate artifacts and insight documents, and create a document repository for storing and searching insights.
The candidate will be critical in helping shape the UX mindset across the RockStep product team. Working closely with the product manager, the product team will rely on your leadership to ensure RockStep’s user community enjoy a smooth and intuitive experience using Climb.
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity and hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
Outline of Tasks
- Work closely with the President, product manager, and researchers to plan and visualize strategic roadmap initiatives
- Facilitate design thinking workshops with customers and internal teams
- Working with the product manager, facilitate technical design sessions with the development team
- Implement design sprints
- Establish UX metrics, working closely with President of RockStep
- Build, review, refine, and deliver design wireframes and prototypes to illustrate design options for internal and customer-driven use cases
- Create usability scripts and templates, and facilitate usability sessions with customers.
- Provide insights of usability testing to product and development teams to iterate designs and UI implementation
Experience and Skills
- Proven track record with significant experience as lead UX professional with minimum of five years’ experience
- Ability to work across teams, with a close relationship to product manager, developers, customer support, and executives
- Background working in life sciences, particularly pharmaceutical, experience preferred
- Experience working in InVision, Figma, or other prototyping tools
- Experience in Design Thinking Methodology and ability to communicate and inspire other team members to embrace the same
- Experience leading design sprints, ideally in Agile development process
- Creative problem solver and continuous learner
- Proven experience creating a wireframes and prototypes, portfolio preferred
- Proven experience creating usability test-cases and scripts, facilitating interviews, and documenting actionable insights
- Customer facing personality: outgoing, easily builds rapport with customers and team
- Ability to communicate and translate complex processes and ideas to scientists, technicians, and technical product teams.
- At least five year’s experience in UX design
- BS degree or higher
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed to customer sites
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. This position will be required to work in the office most of the time as long as Maine CDC guidelines permit.
Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions.com