RockStep Solutions (RSS) is a fast-pace startup with a product changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s new product, Climb™, is in active use in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
We seek a UX researcher who is passionate about accelerating and improving drug discovery through in vivo research. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting research and collating insights. This position works closely with the President and Product Manager on current and future strategic roadmaps initiatives, as well as customer contracts requiring custom development. This position will become a trusted collaborator, as well as a fierce user advocate.
The ideal candidate will also have a passion for research ops and will lead RockStep’s efforts to scale the UX team during rapid growth. This position will teach and mentor other team members on best UX practices and methods, continuing RockSteps’ initiative to create a distributed UX environment, where everyone in the company focuses on UX as a top priority.
This position initially reports to RockStep’s President.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity and hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
- Plan and conduct all aspects of UX research
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research projects
- Determine best methods for research situations (e.g. contextual inquiry, interviews, jobs to be done, etc)
- Recruit research participants
- Synthesize and analyze research findings
- Develop and manage document repository for re-use and searchability of research findings
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations to showcase research findings
- Ensure user experience is well documented and all development communications have effectively captured the user’s needs and wants
- Coordinate and conduct usability testing and/or other evaluation methods
- Guide team on best design methods to utilize (e.g. card sorting, prototypes, etc)
- Work with President and Product Manager to prioritize research projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: At least one year in an in vivo laboratory research setting
- At least 3 years’ experience in a UX researcher role
- Experience working in the biopharma industry highly preferred
- Experience using research and design tools
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a proven ability to turn research findings into insights
- Must be able to quickly learn and explain details of laboratory informatics software platforms to non-technical users
- Must be able to quickly learn and explain the drug discovery process and how the Climb software is relevant in the process
- Proven track record of utilizing excellent soft skills to work with users and customers
- Passionate for continuous improvement and learning
- Must be able to effectively conduct remote and on-site research sessions
- Experience creating interview scripts, surveys, and recruitment guides
- Proven track record of utilizing a variety of UX research methods
- Ability to advise on UX design methods. Ability to help with UX design is preferred.
- Passion for UX Research and scaling research practices across an organization
- Passion for teaching and mentoring both UX’ers and non-UX’ers to create a user centered culture
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland, Maine. This position will be required to work in the office most of the time as long as Maine CDC guidelines permit. Remote positions will be considered. Remote positions are required to travel to the Portland office periodically.
Qualified applicants should apply by sending email to jobs @ rockstepsolutions.com