According to Gartner, by 2019, 75% of research organizations will have adopted a “cloud first” strategy as they modernize from legacy data collection and move to digitize their research laboratories. Will your lab reap the cost benefits of an integrated cloud system?
RockStep Solutions, a Microsoft BizSpark partner company, is the first in the market with a LIMS system fully architected to leverage Microsoft’s global Azure cloud infrastructure. Climb is designed to integrate with advanced cloud technologies such as mobile services, IoT data streaming, and Machine Learning algorithms.
Benefits of Climb’s Cloud Infrastructure
Scalable and Cost Effective
- No more IT maintenance and machine costs: All systems are hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud, upgraded, as needed, and maintained by professional IT staff.
- Disaster/data recovery managed: Data are automatically replicated in geographically separated regions so that major events such as hurricanes, fires, or earthquakes do not risk data loose.
- Data storage: Leverage mass data storage that expands with your needs. No need for complex strategic plans and no more purchasing and maintaining expensive data storage systems. Depending on data storage needs, savings can be quite large.
- Global infrastructure: Azure has machine rooms in 34 regions on five continents.
- Global corporation: RockStep partnered with Microsoft, one of the largest companies in world.
- Cost control: Pay for what you use. Small workgroups cost the equivalent of a few mouse cages per year.
- Automated data backups: Point in time restore to within 15 minute intervals going back 30 days.
- Access control/single sign-on security: Integrate with your internal active directory system for authentication and authorization control.
- Security patches applied without interruption: Patches are applied automatically by Microsoft Azure professionals without system usage interruption.
- Data change auditing: As required for regulatory compliance and good laboratory practices, always know who changed what data, what the changes were, and when the changes were made.
- Login monitoring: Track all logins and login attempts. Alert administrators when spurious attempts are detected.
- Data encryption: Data are encrypted in-flight and at rest. Ability to manage your encryption keys locally is provided through Microsoft’s Key Vault system.
- Animal tracking, breeding: Always know where your animals are, what their status is, how many you have, and what they are being used for.
- Experimental reproducibility: Track all key experimental conditions including setup parameters, lab technician, time of day, data results, and micro environment conditions (using IoT devices).
- Lab protocol and workflow management: Keep track of your tests, data, and who is working on what. Improve experimental and laboratory efficiencies.
- Experiment status and data: Always know the status of your experiments, including what work is complete, what the data products are.
- Track your samples: Know which animals your samples came from, where they are located, and how they were processed.
- Data silos: Integrated mouse, experimental, and sample data eliminate data silos.
- Data accessibility: Access your data from anywhere you have an internet connection with any modern computer or mobile device.
- Data search: Among the hundreds of thousands of possible data records, easily and quickly locate the data you are looking for.
- Regulatory reporting (IACUC): Rather than spend days digging through paper records, quickly produce reports needed for your IACUC reviews or other regulatory reporting requirement or inspections.
- Analytical compute power: The cloud offers unlimited compute resources. Pay only for what you use.
- Scalability: As your lab grows, your compute systems grow with you. Pay for what you use.
- Team centered workgroup model: Users organized into lab teams in the application for data sharing and lab resource management.
- Lowering the barrier for adoption: User interfaces designed by trained experts reduces the barrier of adoption for users accustom to working with spreadsheets. Makes it easier to get the whole team in the system.
- In-app messaging systems: Send email and SMS messages to co-workers in your lab from within Climb. Messages are logged and auditable. Message go to users in Climb application and to registered communication devices.
- Unlimited number of users: No need to limit the number of user accounts. Pay only for active users.
- Standardize lab vocabularies: Ensure that all team members use the same terminologies to annotate their experiments and science.