RockStep Solutions is a fast-pace startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s new product, Climb™ 2.0, is in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up.
The Climb in vivo Science SME works closely with and assists RockStep’s sales, marketing, development, and training teams with a focus on aligning Climb with the customer’s scientific needs. The incumbent will work closely with RockStep’s internal staff as well as have customer facing responsibilities.
The ideal applicant has an advanced degree in one of the biomedical sciences and experience working in research labs. Prior experience with in vivo studies and drug discovery workflows is a significant plus.
The successful candidate will like working with people, developing customer relationships, and digging in deep into customer’s science to help them better use Climb and set up experimental protocols and execute workflows. Internally, this position will work with sales teams as needed to help sales staff understand the product and assist them as needed in sales meetings. This position also help RockStep’s marketing teams understand the Climb user personas and use cases. The incumbent will also provide UX design feedback to RockStep’s development team and engage with customers in gathering UX data and understanding pain points in using Climb.
This positions requires excellent oral and written communication skills. The incumbent will lead meetings, give presentations, and lead technical trade talks at conferences. This position will also write up user requirements and write technical user documentation.
This position initially reports to RockStep’s President, Julie Morrison.
About our Culture
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values that are important to building a strong team. We value and encourage hearty debate, and we embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
As a startup, our team members are always ready to jump in and help regardless of what is written in our job descriptions.
Outline of Tasks
- Work with Climb customers and users to develop an understanding of what the scientific community needs from Climb and relate that information back to the Climb product team.
- Help with Climb configurations and user training and onboardings.
- Assist sales teams as needed to help them align Climb with customer needs.
- Work with Climb users to develop an understanding of what the scientific community needs in terms of visualization tools to support their understanding of their data and processes.
- Based on user input, help design and test operations and data visualization tools to be implemented in Climb and work with product developers and provide guidance and feedback on implementation.
- Assist in designing customizable user dashboards for the Climb application that maximizes the ability of researchers to grasp the salient data trends in their research at a glance.
- Three or more years working in scientific research in research labs conducing in vivo studies (preferably for drug discovery).
- Three or more years working with scientific software and informatics tools related to in vivo
- Prior experience giving scientific talks.
- Deep understanding of in vivo biomedical research
- Facile in office productivity technologies such as the Microsoft Office 365 tools on PC or Mac computers (preferably both).
- General understanding of and ability to work with laboratory information systems.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create attractive power point presentations and give talks to groups of scientists.
- Ability to organize programs, which may require development of materials, such as user training.
- Customer facing personality: outgoing, easily builds rapport with customers
- Continuous learner and ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving company
- Ability to communicate and translate complex processes and ideas to scientists, technicians, and technical product teams
- Ability to summarize and report effectively to RockStep’s executive team
- Professional and courteous communication style
- Master’s degree or higher in a biomedical research field
- Three or more year’s experience working in a biomedical research group
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. While under COVID restrictions, this position must be able to work remotely; however, post-COVID, this position will be required to have presence at the RockStep office in Portland per RockStep’s office policy. Interested candidates should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org