RockStep Solutions is a startup company that develops and delivers enterprise preclinical laboratory informatics software. This position is an opportunity for someone who is a continuous learner, who loves challenges, and is not afraid to navigate the twists and turns of startup. We are looking for an individual who possesses strong entrepreneurial instincts and has the willingness to roll up their sleeves to make the magic happen!
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core to building a productive and healthy work environment. We encourage hearty debate and we embrace outcomes of debates even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
As a Sales Account Executive, you will initially report to the company’s Executive Vice President. This is a key role that requires a high level of commitment to the company’s objectives to sell the product.
This position includes a blended compensation package of salary, commission, bonuses, and incentive stock options.
- Close sales, meet quotas.
- Build a sales pipeline of qualified leads to meet ambitious sales targets.
- Become proficient with the product to be able to competently demonstrate the product to prospects.
- Learn how the product is positioned in each market segment and learn how to speak to different customer personas about how the product helps them achieve their objectives.
- Learn how to use the company CRM system and fully use it for all customer communications.
- Manage the customer life cycle including, on-boarding, and account management.
- Develop standard reports for presenting the sales funnel and sales progress to leadership.
This position works on all phases of the sales process from identifying and qualifying leads to closing sales.
- Generate and qualify leads.
- Manage prospects through the sales funnel.
- Meet quotas for new leads and closing sales.
- Lead meetings and demo product to prospects.
- Work with sales enablement tools such as LinkedIn Navigator.
- Report on sales funnel and progress to leadership team.
- Attend industry trade shows. Help with booth planning, setup, and staffing.
Required Skills and Background
- At least three years of significant experience selling B2B SaaS software with demonstrated success.
- Background in Life Sciences, Bachelor’s degree in one of the areas of biology preferred.
- Experience selling to biotech, pharmaceutical, and CRO industries.
- Experience with sales automation and enablement tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong eagerness to learn.
To be successful in this position you must be have excellent interpersonal skills, be ready to adapt to and help lead change, and be a team player. Candidates are measured by how well they meet their goals, and how well they work as a RockStep team player.
RockStep’s main office is at 48 Free Street in Portland, Maine. However, this position may work remotely. Regular travel to customer sites is required.
Interested candidates email jobs @ rockstepsolutions dot com