Open Position: Site Reliability Engineer
RockStep Solutions is the leading supplier of in vivo research and operations management software designed to accelerate the pace of innovation in pharmaceutical drug discovery. Our flagship collaboration suite, Climb, has been successfully deployed across the research industry with customers ranging from small academic labs to global pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations.
We are committed to excellence in both the quality of our software and the experience we provide our customers. To this end, we are focusing on product enhancements to ensure Climb maintains its position as a robust, configurable, and state-of-the-art software that exceeds expectations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and growth-oriented Junior to Mid-level Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our dynamic and expanding Scrum team. As an SRE, you will collaborate closely with our IT Infrastructure and Software Engineers to ensure the stability and scalability of our cloud web application, leveraging Microsoft Azure’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. This role presents an excellent opportunity for career advancement, with the potential to lead a team of SREs in the future.
The SRE will be working on a cloud web application using Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings from Microsoft Azure. The incumbent will work well in a motivated agile/scrum team. The position requires working with the Product and IT teams to a ensure multiple stable, scalable SaaS offerings.
Our company culture is important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other; we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek employees who engage in hearty debate, but are ready to embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
Proficiencies and Learning
- Strong understanding of cloud resource metrics and monitoring
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple technical teams.
- Proficiency in SaaS system design, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Experience with DevOps deployment pipelines and infrastructure as code.
- Azure certifications are preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the usual job requirements to ensure the success of the team and the company
- Gather and analyze metrics from PaaS resources to proactively identify performance issues and troubleshoot faults.
- Collaborate with IT and software engineering teams to enhance services through rigorous testing and streamlined release procedures.
- Develop sustainable systems and services through automation and continuous uplifts.
- Work closely with the IT and Quality teams to ensure compliance with strict audit controls for systems and services.
This position does not require significant experience, however a bachelor’s degree in computer science or significant relevant experience in Computer Science or related field is required
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland, Maine. Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.