RockStep Solutions is a fast-paced startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. RockStep’s product, Climb™, is in the market, and the company is focused on product enhancements and rapid scale-up. We are looking for someone who is ready to hit the ground running and thrives in a highly dynamic startup environment.
The goal of this position is to lead and continue to build RockStep’s marketing department. The Director of Marketing is a strong leader with deep marketing experience who understands all facets of marketing required to build and manage global brand awareness for SaaS technology companies. The ultimate objective of RockStep’s marketing department is help drive qualified leads into the company’s sales funnel.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has experience leading a marketing team, and managing direct reports. To be successful, the Director of Marketing must have creative, digital, and event planning skills, and they must work well in a highly collaborative startup team environment.
The incumbent will have prior experience developing marketing strategy and tactics in the areas of web site design, SEO, AdWords, trade show booth design, marketing event planning, marketing campaigns, social media (especially LinkedIn), brand management, and marketing analytics are required.
As a department leader, this position requires limited travel to trade shows and to partner organizations to develop personal connections with strategic partners. This position requires someone who is outgoing with excellent writing and oral communication skills.
This position works closely with RockStep’s Sales Team and initially reports to the CEO.
Our company culture and values are important to us. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual regardless of their race, religion, or sexual orientation. We embrace diversity as key to decision making, creativity, and as a source of strength. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We encourage open discussion and embrace outcomes of debates, even when we may not all fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
Outline of Tasks
- Meet with RockStep’s Sr. leadership and Sales executives to develop an understanding of corporate goals and sales teams needs
- Develop marketing plans designed to meet corporate objectives
- Develop and manage department budgets aligned with corporate objectives
- Write job descriptions, hire and train staff
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Manage social media posts (LinkedIn)
- Manage the writing and publication of blog articles
- Manage website content and design
- Plan and implement website SEO
- Plan and implement remarketing campaigns
- Identify and implement paid advertising campaigns, including PPC
- Develop, plan, and market webinars
- Analyze marking data and use data to develop strategies
- Manage relationships with marketing contractors
- Produce and present marketing reports to leadership
- Work with media editing tools to develop content and collateral
- Create storyboards of marketing videos and assist or lead production
- Work with sales teams to develop marketing messaging and collateral
- Lead design of conference booths (digital and physical)
- Plan and manage RockStep’s trade shows
The ideal candidate has experience in most of the following areas:
- Hiring, managing, and inspiring direct reports
- Experience with Pardot Marketing or other similar digital marketing tools
- Developing and implementing SEO and PPC strategies
- Managing social media
- Designing and developing marketing collateral
- Managing blog sites
- Developing advertising campaigns
- Developing and managing email marketing campaigns
- Developing content strategy
- Planning and managing webinars
- Marketing video production
- Managing web site content
- Analyzing marketing data
The following skills are required:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Presentation development and delivery
- Marketing and brand design
- Digital design
- Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to analyze marketing data to drive decision making
- Develop concise messaging
- Marketing video storyboarding
The candidate must model the following soft skills:
- Easily build rapport with internal and external business partners and team members
- Ability to communicate and translate complex ideas to people who may not be expert in the area under discussion
- Ability to retain composure in high-stress situations
- Embrace our company values and be kind
- Five or more years experience working in Marketing
- Prior experience leading a marketing team preferred
- Experience working in marketing in life sciences
- Marketing analytics certifications preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
RockStep’s headquarters are in Portland Maine. Remote work will be considered, as long as candidate can travel to Portland headquarters for multi-day visits monthly.
Interested candidates should email us at jobs @ rockstepsolutions.com.