RockStep Solutions is a fast-paced SaaS startup with a product that is changing the world by revolutionizing drug discovery. Our mission is to bring drugs to market faster. We are deliberately focused on quality and customer service and take excellent care of our customers. We are looking for a Strategic Account Executive to join our energetic sales organization and grow our bio tech and pharmaceutical customer base. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter, have excellent contacts in pre-clinical drug discovery Informatics and R&D.
Our Strategic Account Executive will be a driven and experienced sales professional with natural sales instincts. You will bring your knowledge and relationships in the biopharma industry as well as your expertise in SaaS solution sales to the growing sales organization. You will act as the face of the company to top executives of our strategic account targets.
You will be supported by our Account and Project Managers as well as our Scientific Liaisons as you present our flagship product, Climb™, to the largest in vivo research teams in the world. You will leverage our strong market presence to develop a target account strategy, spanning US and global pharmaceutical companies and Contract Research Organizations. You will report to and work closely with the Head of Sales to ensure customer needs are met.
This is an essential role to our startup’s growth that requires a resilient, strategic individual with a passion for customer relationships. Leveraging your experience selling high value solutions to large corporate entities, you will hit the ground running with minimal instruction.
This position includes a blended compensation package of salary, commission, bonuses, and incentive stock options.
Our company culture is essential to our values and drives our work. We are looking for a team player who respects the individual. We take care of our company, take care of ourselves, and work as a team to take care of each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core to building a productive and healthy work environment. We encourage hearty debate, and we embrace their outcomes, even when we don’t fully agree with final decisions. If these words resonate with you, you may be a good culture fit for RockStep.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Create a strategic account strategy and achieve mutually agreed upon annual sales targets.
- Coordinate needs analysis, product demos and proof of concept experiences by building an individualized approach with our sales support teams
- Collaborate with Account Managers and other departmental resources to help clients achieve their objectives once Climb™ is implemented.
- Leverage Salesforce for all customer management, communications, and sales funnel management.
- Regularly report on sales funnel and progress to quota to RockStep leadership team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Passionate self-starter that possesses confident humility.
- At least seven years of demonstrated success selling SaaS software B2B.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the areas of biology preferred.
- Consistently exceeds annual sales targets in biotech and pharmaceutical industries by executing a thoughtful and organized consultative sales strategy
- Possesses resilience in the face of challenging sales cycles
- Strong knowledge of life sciences industry, including informatics and pre-clinical drug discovery.
- Demonstrated consistent track record of being a trusted advisor in large accounts.
- Builds credibility and understands organizational dynamics
- Strong understanding of competitive landscape
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent software application skills
- Ability to translate technical information for customer consumption and action.
To be successful in this position you must have excellent interpersonal skills, be ready to adapt to and help lead change, and be a team player. Candidates are measured by how well they meet their goals, and how well they work as a RockStep team player.
- Customer facing personality: outgoing, easily builds rapport with customers.
- Shows enthusiasm and empathy towards the customer.
- Continuous learner and ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving company.
- Ability to communicate and translate complex processes and ideas to scientists, technicians, and technical product teams.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Must be flexible and willing to do whatever needs to be done to achieve goals.
Our office is located at 48 Free Street in Portland, Maine. This position may work remotely but should expect to travel to the home office quarterly.
To apply, please email your resume to jobs @ RockStepSolutions.com.